Wednesday 21 January 2015

online learning University of Course

I am taking an online course (horse of course) through University of Guelph.  It is fun having to use my brain and having to think.
The problem is when you have someone saying something and I totally disagree.  I have to decide where to say anything or to say something.
Today one of the instructors said that vi…what ever the word was were not whickers.  So I typed it into the thingy at the top "whiskers and the vi..word"… I will have the vi word for you later.  Guess what.  They are the same.  One is the scientific (and therefore harder to read, say, and remember).  So I copied it and put it in a reply.  This should help me get on well with the instructors.  Which is worse:  not saying anythign or proving her wrong?  I didn't want the other people to think she was right.  I think.

The instructor also said that the jockey on Rachel Alexandra was a good rider.  I don't think so.

 He had the horse's head turned to the right, rode with his reins flapping… I mean really!  When was the last time you watched a horse run and the jockey flapped his reins at the horse?  Have you ever seen a beginner ride?  They flap the reins to get the horse going.  Maybe it is an instinct for us to flap the reins.

When was the last time you saw a top show jumper or dressage rider flap the reins?  So do you think that he is a good rider?  Are top show jumpers good riders?  why?  Are top dressage riders good riders?  Why?

Do you think the difference between a top rider is that they have a better horse than you?  That if you have a better horse you would be in their place?  If you had the money, lived in the same place?

Sometimes this is true.  George Morris says just because you win, it doesn't mean you are a good rider. What do you think of that?  I rather agree.  But, you have to be pretty good to be in the same competion. (and have the  money to get there and to pay the fees).

No comments:

Post a Comment