Tuesday 9 July 2019

Diamond and Dave: Wildies from Alberta

The stupid has been bred out of wild horses.  So I am finding out with Diamond and Dave.  Diamond is more flightly, shy than Dave, yet today she came up to smell me.  She is enjoying scratches.  Touching the base of her ears was possible today.  I go too far and she moves away but is not afraid.  Just not willing to be touched there.

Diamond:  bay roan or red roan filly by a red roan stallion out of a bay mare
2019 has a brother (full). Half sister to Dave
Dave:  brown gelding by a red roan stallion out of a bay mare.  half brother to Diamond

Weight for deworming is 700 pounds.  haven't been able to do deworming yet.  Maybe Dave as he liked the apple juice I trained him with.  Definately not Diamond as she won't let me touch her mouth.

Dave is eating treats by hand.  Diamond resists.

They are eating a lot.  They really want grass.  I don't see any digestion issues from the move from the paddock by the barn to behind the house.  Leading them here was difficult as they were resistant. I must lead them up to the barn to spend time in the stall.

I have only had them since June 26....less than 2 weeks.  So happy to have them.  Thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment