Saturday 14 February 2015

Rain Scald found!

I found some rain scald on Norman's back yesterday.  I guess with all the rain we have been having.  Lily was ok.  I must check all the other horses.  Thankfully, we have a beautiful sunny day today so the horses will be able to dry out.  I have never come across rain scald here, but then we don't normally have so much rain.  It has been terrible.  The horses are not going into the trees for shelter (or the loafing shed..but then it does face east and they prefer south facing loafing sheds).

I rubbed Norman's lumps and they came off.  He really enjoyed the rub (otherwise I would have left them alone).  He was ok for his lesson (actually he was wonderful in his lesson).  He taught his student to let go…release the reins after asking for a halt, down transition.  He HATES having the rein pressure on for too long.

I decided that Norman deserved a new blanket.  I hope he likes the colour. (black and burgundy from Champion blankets in Richmond, BC)


No comments:

Post a Comment