Sunday 26 August 2018

Inverted horse/Marigold

Marigold came back from training with a well developed lower neck muscle.  This just goes to show that even a horse that doesn't normally go inverted can be trained to go inverted.  In 2 days Marigold was moving better and not pushing with her lower neck.   She did this on her own.

The trainer called her "lazy".  When I loose schooled her she was zipping around like crazy.  No relaxation, no calmness, just running.  Half way through the session, she started to relax and listen to me. (session lasted 10 minutes).  Marigold changing how she moved had nothing to do with me.  It had gotten really smokey so I wasn't working her.  She changed in the paddock, which was interesting as she was in a huge field.

Marigold has also changed ...no long hard to catch but coming to me when she sees me.  Annie Alice would like to come, but I guess Marigold doesn't share.  It was difficult to see Marigold running away from me when I went to get her.  And the dancing around while tied was hard to see.  How does one teach a horse that normally stands quietly to dance?

Now to figure out where to go from here.
can get her hindleg underneath!!

inverted trotting

inverted trot...see how the neck is pushing forward?

well developed lower neck muscle.  It even makes her neck look short

but as you can see from here inverted isn't her conformation

showing a longer topline, now to build up her muscles


no muscle from the withers along the crest:  this winter 

No comments:

Post a Comment